Hi friends! You are in for a treat today! I’m sharing my favorite frosting recipe today, Cookies and Cream Frosting.
Have you ever tasted cookies and cream frosting recipe? It’s mouthwatering.
Yesterday, I shared my daughter’s sweet Milk & Cookies first birthday party. To go along with the theme of the party we served yummy chocolate cupcakes with a delicious cookies and cream frosting! YUM!
One of my favorite ways to cut corners for parties is to use a box cake mix for the cake or cupcakes and then make the frosting for scratch. That’s exactly what I did for these cupcakes. I grabbed an easy devil’s food box cake mix for the cupcakes then whipped up a really yummy cookies and cream frosting for them!
I garnished them with half of a cookie. Just perfect for our milk and cookies party. I hope you enjoy them as well!
Here’s the recipe, you are sure to love it!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3 c. confectioner sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ½ c. whipping cream
- 8-10 chocolate sandwich cookies smashed up
- In a medium sized bowl, with a mixer, whip up butter for about a minute.
- Gradually add in confectioner sugar in batches, mixing after every batch until all 3 cups are mixed in smoothly.
- Add vanilla and whipping cream and whip for about 2 minutes or until the frosting forms stiff peaks.
- Add in the sandwich cookie crumbles and mix just until combined.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
Linking up to these parties and Liz Marie Blog , The Shabby Nest, The Repurposed Life, Serenity Now