Warning: fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0 in /home/makingho/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bottom-of-every-post/bottom_of_every_post.php on line 32
Since it’s summer. And since I love picnics. I’m bringing back an oldie.
Last summer I shared my paper bag utensil holders. They were quite popular even though I spelled bon appétit wrong (ps. I still spelled it wrong). My guests didn’t notice. Regardless of my bad spelling they still make the CUTEST utensil holders for picnics! I especially love how easy they are to whip up. The only supplies required are paper lunch sacks and washi tape. The stamping is totally optional. You can do stamping, sticks, hand write your guests names, anything really.
My absolute very thing about these paper bag utensil holders is that they serve two purposes. One, they are a super cute vessel for utensils but they also make perfect little trash bags. Once you’re done with your meal, you can discard any rubbish right into the bag. No more chasing that napkin all over the park, folks!
1. To make them you’ll need paper lunch sacks, washi tape, and an alphabet stamp.
2. Fold your paper bag from the bottom up at the seam to create a pocket.
3. Seal the side with washi tape. I did this by placing one strip of washi tape on the front allowing it to slightly hang over the edge, then put another strip on the back side so the pieces of tape stick together.
4. Do the same on the other side.
5. Stamp your saying onto the front pocket. I used “Bon Appétit” but I think other cute sayings are “Let’s Eat” or “Chow Time”
6. Stuff with your napkin and utensils
I really look forward to making a gazillion of these this summer for all sorts of beach trips and picnics with friends. Can you just imagine all the fun color combos?