Fun project alert 🙂 An upholstered foot stool tutorial definitely qualifies as a fun project in my book!
I love color. It’s true. I love a beautiful fresh white space too but when it comes to my own home I always incorporate tons of color. Which you all know since I have a mint nightstand.
Now I also have a beautiful YELLOW chevron Upholstered Foot Stool.
This sweet little foot stool didn’t always look so darling. To really appreciate it you must see the before:
Do your spouses ever surprise you? And in that moment you think, “aw, he really gets me!” That was this foot stool. I’m sure your thinking how in the world did you get that out of a that piece of junk. Well my husband went to the thrift store in search of a desk and came home with this little beauty. He knew I would love it and even suggested that I share it on the blog. Aw, he really gets me!
Okay, I’m sure you want to know how it went from this to the gorgeous upholstered foot stool that it is now.
Here’s the upholstered Foot Stool Tutorial:
1. Clean your foot stool. And paint the piece your desired color. You may decide to sand the piece before painting but with my paint, it wasn’t required.
2. Cut your foam to size. Now, I used two pieces of foam because that’s what I had on hand. It’s better to use one thick piece. A 4 in or 6 in thickness would be ideal. But you know me, I use what I got!
3. Cut batting about 4 inches bigger than your stool. Cover with batting, and staple the underside.
4. Also cut your fabric about 4 inches larger, to ensure it folds nicely over the edges. If you using a patterned fabric, be sure to keep it nice and straight.
5. Staple the underside. The corners are a little difficult to maneuver, and forgive me for not photographing this, you’ll want to fold the edges to one side and then tuck under to staple.
6. Trim the excess fabric and admire your darling new upholstered foot stool.
Ah yes, that’s perfect.
I’m loving the combo of gray with the yellow chevron. Yes, I do love some color!
Doesn’t she look so happy now? The yellow just makes me smile 🙂
I hope you enjoyed seeing my before and after upholstered foot stool. Have a wonderful day!