We love dessert. It’s true. That’s why you’ll find our favorite desserts on this blog. That’s why my husband is usually concerned with what’s for dessert more than what’s for dinner. And that’s why I going to have to start Jillian Michael’s 30 day shred (Again)!
Before I start the 30 day shred again – I have to share with you these Thick & Decadent Zucchini Brownies with Milk Chocolate Frosting.
Here’s the thing about these zucchini brownies; they are pretty much a healthy dessert if you skip the frosting. Not much sugar, and zero oil. They are absolutely tasty without the frosting, or with a little tiny spoonful of cool whip on top. But if you want a rich, decadent, amazing dessert – add the frosting. And then just start counting calories again tomorrow
- For brownies:
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½-2 cups shredded zucchini
- For frosting:
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup butter (softened)
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×9 inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl mix together applesauce, egg, vanilla extract, then fold in zucchini. Mix in the flour mixture slowly until all blended. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes in the preheated oven, until toothpick comes out clean when pricked into the center. Allow brownies to completely cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting: In a medium bowl, blend together soften butter and cocoa powder. Slowly blend in confectioners sugar and milk, alternating. Then blend in vanilla.
- Cut brownies into squares and smother them in frosting. Enjoy!
Have a sweet tooth? Try out these yummy recipes