This post is brought to you by the J.M Smucker Company. All opinions are completely my own.
Have I ever told you how much my family loves pizza? My husband considers himself some type of pizza connoiseur. We love trying different pizza joints around town in the never ending quest for the perfect pie. I also love to make it at home. I’ve probably tried a few dozen different pizza dough recipes over the years before I finally settled on my favorite, and it’s even whole wheat. I know, I know. Please don’t click away – you HAVE to try it.
Although I always try, between my husband’s hectic work schedule and my utter exhaustion after a day of chasing a toddler; it’s sometimes difficult to sit down together as a family for a meal. Toss in the constant need to feel connected and we may barely have a conversation! I’m so guilty of scrolling through Instagram through dinner! As connected as we are to social media we are missing out on that with our families!
After signing the Disconnect to Reconnect pledge it was time to put away those mobile devices and focus on family around the dinner table.
And if there was one meal that gets my family to sit down and enjoy each other’s company it’s good ol’ fashion pizza. It’s something that my picky two year old won’t protest making meal time much more relaxed.
Smuckers is challenging families to Disconnect to Reconnect.
Disconnect to Reconnect is a movement to get families to unplug at the table for at least one meal, once a week. Put down the electronic devices, and turn off the television and enjoy a meal together. For me, it was about being present. My daughter will soon turn two and I’m reminded so often of how quickly time is passing. I want to soak up every moment I have with my sweet family. I don’t want to miss out on precious memories because I was zoning out on my phone.
So will you take the pledge with me? Will you pledge to live in the moment and Disconnect to Reconnect? Will you agree that the email messages and tweets can wait?
Head over to PowerofFamilyMeals.com and take the pledge.
Smuckers is offering one winner this incredible Breakfast For Dinner Prize Package which includes:
- Presto Jumbo Cool Touch electric griddle (1)
- 7-piece kitchen utensil set with stand (1)
- Family Talk conversation game (1)
- Smucker’s Strawberry Natural Squeeze jam (1)
- JIF Creamy Peanut Butter (1)
- JIF Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (1)
- Folger’s Classic Roast (1)
- Hungry Jack Breakfast Syrup (1)
- Hungry Jack Complete Pancake and Waffle Mix (2)
- Martha White Banana Nut Muffin Mix (2)
- Crisco No-Stick Cooking Spray (1)
- Martha White All-Purpose Flour (1)
Use the rafflecopter below to enter!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The giveaway will run from April 29, 2014 through 12 midnight (PST) May 5, 2014. The winner will be selected randomly using the Rafflecopter widget and will be emailed promptly after. The winner has 48 hours to respond and claim the prize before a new winner is selected. Giveaway is open to US residents who are 18 years or older.
Now for recipe Whole Wheat Pizza Dough:
- 1 c. hot water
- 2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. active dry yeast (bread machine yeast)
- Place all ingredient in bread machine according to directions.
- Set your bread machine on the dough cycle.
- Once it's finished divide the dough into two balls and place in two oiled bowls.
- Allow dough to set for 10-15 minutes before preparing your pizza.
- Prepare your pizza with desired toppings.
- Bake pizza for 7-10 minutes at 500 degrees on the lowest rack for a crispy thin crust.