My Gramma has a plum tree in her backyard. Ever since I was little I loved picking them. Isn’t there something special about food that you pick yourself? A few summers ago I took my husband to my Gramma’s for a visit. He also loved being able to pick the plums right off the tree. Since she remembered how much he loved them that summer, this year she mailed us a box full of delicious plums right from her tree. A box full of plums was such a treat! We enjoyed them so much. And since there we an abundance, I decided to make an easy plum tarte with some of them.
When I say easy plum tarte, I mean easy! I used a store bought pie crust for this one, folks. The only “work” this really required was cutting a pitting the plums. Since my plums were on the smaller side, I just cut them in half. If you use larger plums be sure to slice them into wedges.
Ready for the recipe for this easy plum tarte?
- Store bought pie crust
- 10-12 small plums
- ½ cup sugar
- zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice and pit plums. If they are larger cut them into wedges
- Toss plums into a large bowl with sugar, lemon zest, cinnamon, almond flavoring, and flour.
- Unroll your pre-made pie crust onto parchment paper
- Pile the plum mixture onto the middle of the pie crust leaving 2 inches all the way around.
- Begin to fold pie crust over the plums all the way around.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
Guys! This plum tarte is easily one of my favorite desserts! It’s so yummy with a big scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. The tartness of the plums with the sweetness of the ice cream, pure heaven. You’ll love it!
You can also follow my Sweet Treats Pinterest Board where I save all my favorite desserts!