This is the perfect blueberry muffin recipe. Moist muffins with a sweet crumbly topping. This is my go-to recipe for breakfast treats to share.
Blueberry muffins are a favorite around here. I’ve been making them for years. Everyone loves them.My husband could eat his weight in fresh blueberry muffins and the girls go crazy for them as well. Over the years I’ve tried many recipes, different ingredients, fresh blueberries, and frozen. This recipe calls for fresh blueberries and it’s an absolute keeper!
Perfect Blueberry Muffins
I think it’s the crumb topping that does it. It’s sweet with a little crunch, it’s heavenly. Also, the fresh blueberries are perfect, and the batter didn’t turn blue like it does with frozen berries.
They really are the best ever blueberry muffins.
This recipe was updated 3/18 – Below is the old (first edition) photos.
Go ahead and make two batches, one won’t last long… You’re welcome 😉
Printable recipe for blueberry muffins:
The Best Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add to the flour mixture vegetable oil, egg and buttermilk.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
- Makes 10 muffins
Recipe adapted from All Recipes