Blueberry muffins are a favorite around here. I’ve been making them for years. Everyone loves them.
My husband could eat his weight in fresh blueberry muffins, and even the little lady goes crazy for them.
Over the years I’ve tried many recipes, different ingredients, fresh blueberries, and frozen.
These are the BEST blueberry muffins my family has ever tasted. Seriously. Go ahead and pin this blueberry muffin recipe and get your mixing bowl ready because you have to try these!
I think it’s the crumb topping that does it. It’s sweet with a little crunch, it’s heavenly. Also, the fresh blueberries are perfect, and the batter didn’t turn blue, like it sometimes does when I use frozen (that happens to everyone right?). They really are the best ever blueberry muffins.
Go ahead and make two batches, one won’t last long… You’re welcome 😉
Printable recipe for blueberry muffins:
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cold butter, cubed
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1½ cups flour, ¾ cup sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add to the flour mixture vegetable oil, egg and buttermilk.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ of the way, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together ½ cup sugar, ⅓ cup flour, ¼ cup butter, and 1½ teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
- Makes 10 muffins
Recipe adapted from All Recipes
GET INSTANT ACCESS TO FREE DECORATING CHEATSHEETS!
Sign up to receive FREE decorating printables, available exclusively to subscribers!