Whew! We completed the final week (six) of our Clutter Free Organization Challenge and I feel so good! How about you? I hope your home feels a little less cluttered and a little more organized going forward. I also hope you’ve gained some confidence when it comes to your ability to organize. I know I have. One of the biggest revelations I’ve made throughout this challenge is that organizing doesn’t have to be expensive and time consuming. You can use what you have and sometimes spend as little as 30 minutes to get a great result. As we close out our challenge, I wanted to share a few more ideas that go “beyond” the typical organization/decluttering. I create a quick list of 30 things that you can organize in 30 minutes or less. That means, in the time it takes you to watch an episode of Friends you could have completed it. Easy peasy.
30 Things You Can Organize in 30 Minutes or Less
- Under the kitchen sink
- Mail – Rethink how you organize your incoming and outgoing mail. Is it working for you?
- Entryway/ drop zone/mudroom
- Shoe baskets – Each member of my family has a shoe basket at the front door. Every couple of months I go through the baskets and remove shoes that the girls have outgrown, or shoes that Matt and I aren’t wearing as regularly and store then back in our closet.
- Laundry Supplies – I love organizing mine in a basket on top of my dryer
- Games (Board Games, Card Games, etc)
- Junk Drawer – every home has one!
- Your Makeup Bag/Drawer
- Bathroom Countertop Clutter
- Kitchen Counters – What can be eliminated from the countertop to create more space for a less cluttered look.
- Recipes/Recipe books
- Cleaning supplies
- Handbag – I dump my purse out on my bed and get rid of all the trash, receipts, random bits my children have given me at random times, etc.
- Computer desktop – If you are like me your desktop is a cluttered mess. Every now and then I’ll sit in front of the TV and organize my desktop, filing away files, trashing anything no longer needed.
- Spice Cabinet
- Kids dinnerware – We organized the kids’ dinnerware in their own cabinet last year and it was a game changer.
- School supplies/homework station
- Gift wrap
- Bills/paper clutter
- Under the bathroom sink
- Linen Closet
- Laundry room
- Baking Supplies
- Emails *I do this in 30-minute increments because I am the person with 3500 unread emails. Are we friends?
- Your nightstand
- Coat closet
- Medicine Cabinet
What things can you think of that you organize or declutter on a regular basis that just takes a little bit of effort but make a big difference? I’d love to add them to this list!
This is the final post in the Clutter Free Challenge series. You can see all the posts below:
Week 2 – Living Spaces
20+ Things You Can Declutter From Your Living Room Right Now
Organizing a Craft Cabinet
Week 6 – Beyond
30 Things You can Organize in 30 Minutes or Less – you are here.
Pin the image below to save for later
GET INSTANT ACCESS TO FREE DECORATING CHEATSHEETS!
Sign up to receive FREE decorating printables, available exclusively to subscribers!